Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Poetry of the Camino

My poetry has deep roots, as I have been writing for over thirty years. I seem to reprise my thoughts of past and present and now the future as I prepare for our journey. Enjoy...DAK

Walk with Me

My thoughts now are of the Way of St. James
The Camino is anxiously awaiting my quest
I will soon become one with my inner thoughts
Solitude will now become joined with stamina

The ancients needed this fulfillment to live
To become one with yourself is now my cause
The reasons are now many yet also unknown
Answers to life may now become evident

Being alone with many is a personal desire
The gods will soon overtake all of my senses
The absence of what we know will become clear
Stripping your mind of all anxiety is new life

The Field of the Sky is yearning for me
The shadow of the Milky Way protects my walk
I have opened my mind for a new beginning
I am now a child again learning new ways

I await this spiritual journey with trepidation
My body will soon connect with my soul
My chakras will receive new direction and life
The journey will now live within me forever

No comments:

Post a Comment